Listen, I’m all for using Dwayne Johnson as a motivational source for lifting and exercising, but applying this kind of “quote” to him is so incredibly out of character. His entire message is about lifting people up, he’s not about to insult anyone just because they choose not to visit the gym. Don’t use him as a tool to promote your own body-shaming values.
If you’re going to apply words to his image, let’s look at some of his actual quotes instead:
- "Dream big, work big. They go hand in hand."
- “Challenge yourself to be better daily, When its you vs. you, it all adds up to success. Commit to being great at what you do. Be relentless.”
- “Training is a life metaphor - control your destiny w/ your two hands thru very hard work”
- “Realized over the years that success doesn’t change a person.. it only magnifies who’ve they’ve been their entire life.”
- "There is a value in sports and what it does for our youth and our community. I was one of those kids who was locked up a whole bunch of times, but I had people in my life to challenge me and tell me ‘I expect you to do good,’ … ‘I expect you to do well.’ I guarantee, nine times out of ten, when you challenge a kid with those types of expectations, they’re going to respond in a positive way."
- “Hard work. Smart risks. 100% effort.”
- “Greatness is never achieved alone. Surround yourself with good people. A quality team. Set your mark.. and raise the bar.”
Like damn, guys - If you read up on the Rock and the most inspiring thing you can find is “get your candy-ass to the gym,” then I feel really sorry for you and your priorities.
We talked about making it.
I’m sorry that you never made it.
And it pains me just to hear you have to say it.
I see the wires pulling while you’re breathing,
You knew you had a reason,
It killed you like diseases.
I can hear it in your voice while you’re speaking:
you can’t be treated.
The wires getting older,
I can hear the way they’re creaking
As they’re holding him.
The wires got the best of him,
And all that he invested in goes
Straight to hell.
When he talks I hear his ghosts,
Every word they say to me.
I just pray the wires aren’t coming here to strangle me.
For when you can’t tell if you’re a marionette or a bug caught in some great web but all you can hope to do is struggle against the wires, struggle against the parts of you that you fear the most.
this is such a great design..
What’s Left of Me by Kat Zhang
i think my saddest moment as an Australian was finding out that the rest of the world doesn’t say “never eat soggy weetbix” to figure out the order of the compass
What the heck do you all say then?
I heard it was soggy but i love soggy weetbix a lot, so we ended up saying salty lol.
Soggy weetbix are great, esp. if they’re warm and it’s freezing, but sALTY WEETBIX= straight out fuck nope.
i express my emotions in long groans at different octaves
I will never get tired of this picture
I woke up my cat laughing at this
EVERYTHING IS HORRIBLE. GO AWAY.
this entire recap is golden and i demand that you read it